The Cross-Platform xBase.
Harbour is a compiler for the xBase superset language often referred to as Clipper (the language that is implemented by the compiler CA-Clipper). Harbour is a cross-platform compiler and is known to compile and run on:
Harbour is a free and open-source project. It can be used to make open source applications, free or nonfree products. To learn more about Harbour license, visit here.
Why use it?
- Because it is free software 100% compatible with Clipper compilers.
- Because it removes some of the limits imposed by the base implementation but the extent of this depends on your chosen platform.
- Because Harbour is proven to be stable, robust and efficient.
- Because Harbour supports RDDs (Replaceable Database Drivers) to allow multiple data sources which allows an application to scale.
- Because Harbour is portable across multiple operating systems with the same code base.
- Because Harbour’s architecture is fully open and supports a third-party add on market.
- Because Harbour is open-source and therefore you are not at the mercy of the decisions of a private company.
- Because Harbour is developed by an experienced and capable team of developers.
Most importantly, try Harbour for yourself, decide for yourself why it has advantages for you. This product is a harbour for Clipper.